Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's all in the spoon

When I started feeding my son baby food, I went in search for some good baby spoons. I was surprised by how many options there were! I found some spoons that, I thought, looked awesome. The spoon and part of the handle are made of a soft, flexible silicone. Great! The thought behind buying them was that they would be soft and comfortable for my son to eat with. That turned out to be true. However, they were so soft that I had almost no control over the spoon, which made for pretty messy meal times.



I thought it was just lack of experience (on both our parts). My mom suggested I use a sturdier spoon and I was willing to try anything if it meant a cleaner baby and a cleaner high chair. I went out and bought some simple, cheap plastic spoons.



MAGIC! Mealtime mess has been cut down by at least 90%.

Gabriel really doesn't care what spoon I use as long as there's food on it! So for you new or soon-to-be mothers out there, take heed! The flexible silicone spoons are not worth the time, money, or frustration!

0 comments:

Post a Comment